How to make the most out of a boat show
If you’re new to the boatshow circuit or just want to make the most of the day, we’ve used our own experience of boat shows to ensure your visit is always a good one.
Top tips for a boat show visitor
- Do your research! It’s official – those with a game plan get the most out of a boat show.
- Everything you need to know will be on the boat show’s website. Find out the best way to get there, who is exhibiting, what’s on, and what is launching.
- Make sure you find out, in advance, all the new, different and innovative ways that you can enjoy the water so that you don’t miss out during your boat show visit.
- Download the app, print the map, like the boat show’s Facebook page, follow them on social media, search the boat show’s hashtags and sign up to their newsletters to receive alerts and keep informed of all new developments.
- Many exhibitors get free or discounted tickets to give to their loyal customers (we do!). Always explore this possibility before you purchase your early bird tickets! Let them know you plan to visit their stand at the boat show!
- Plan your day!
- Use the guides to prioritise who you want to visit and what you might be interested in. Find out locations and timings before grouping them accordingly so that you can target those in close proximity and maximise the time you have.
- If you want to take advantage of special boat show offers, are going with a budget in mind and can finance your shopping list – make appointments in advance of the boat show to negotiate the best deal.
- Be practical!
- Take a bottle of water with you – boat shows are thirsty work! Snacks too, so you don’t have to queue!
- Think about your boat show SWAG. What shoes are you going to wear? You’ll be covering a lot of distance and different surfaces on both land and sea.
- Don’t be caught out by the weather – you’ll pinch yourself if you don’t have sunscreen and shades when the sun shows up and a brolly for when it pours.
- Take a bag you like carrying around to fill with all the magazines, handouts and free gifts you’ll pick up during your visit.
- If you can, visit during the week when there are fewer people, shorter queues and less traffic congestion.
- The perfect boatshow buddy? Think about who you’re going to the boat show with and tailor your visit to incorporate their needs. Maybe a bit of fun for the kids or something for your partner that takes on board what they enjoy. Plan a visit full of variety – a boat show is not just about the boats! Make the most out of demos, live entertainment, special events and selfie opportunities! Enjoy!
The team at AllBoat Services is already taking Dockmate to the following shows during 2019, with plans to add more to the calendar as the year progresses – hope to see you at one of them soon!
The ABS 2019 Boat Show Calendar
We can help you reach your goals and get more out of your boat and boating lifestyle. Visit us at a boat show to experience the friendly face of our brand, business and culture, unlock great boat show deals and give us the opportunity to address your general, technical, product and service queries in person.
For the Trade: British Marine Expo (St Mary’s Football Stadium, Southampton)
26 – 29 March 2019
For the Public: Poole Harbour Boat Show (Poole Quay Boat Haven)
7th – 9th June 2019
For the public: Southampton Boat Show (Southampton Quay!)
13th – 22nd September 2019